Happy New Year, my friends. I have news about my plans for the new year and some details about the forthcoming new release of book 7 in the Dickie Floyd Detective series.
A New Release
THE PROGRAM is the seventh and perhaps the most anticipated book in the Dickie Floyd series.
I had not planned to continue with the series, and began a spinoff series instead, the Rich Farris Detective series, the first book being THE OUTLAW. Then I took a break from the novels in order to finish and publish my memoir, NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE.
So it has been a while since we’ve had a new Dickie Floyd story, and the excitement has been steadily building since I first revealed that I was writing book 7 in the series.
Now we have a date, and it’s just around the corner!
Cover Reveal and Author Q&A
You are invited to a Facebook Live event where I will be revealing the cover of THE PROGRAM, and answering questions from attendees about the book, my future plans, and anything else.
There will also be a giveaway or two–so be sure to join me!
Where: Facebook Live (my author profile)
When: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 8:00 pm (mountain time)
A cold case. A hot gun. A charismatic convict with a story—if he can live long enough to tell it.
When Rudy Prada is pulled over for a traffic violation and a gun is found beneath the seat of his car, he risks his freedom—and even his life—by breaking the code of the streets and talking to the cops. And not just any “cops,” but the one who sent him to prison twice and shot him once in the process: L.A. Sheriff’s Homicide Detective Josefina Sanchez.
Josie and her partner Dickie Jones are already up to their holsters in unsolved murders when Prada is found with a gun. Josie is more than happy to send him back to the joint, but he convinces her that he’s innocent and that he has changed his life, leaving crime and gangs and his addiction to drugs and alcohol behind him.
But when the gun is found to have been used to murder an L.A. city councilman, all bets are off for the convict. Prada has no choice but to run, but it isn’t only the cops who are searching for him—someone else wants him dead.
The Program is book 7 in the highly acclaimed, best-selling, and award-winning Dickie Floyd Detective series. If you enjoy realistic police procedurals and unpredictable plot twists, you’ll love Danny R. Smith’s riveting crime novels.
- Log into your Facebook account and go to my profile: Danny R. Smith
- Or use this link to go straight to the event.
- Once you see “the event,” click that you are attending or interested. From that point forward, Facebook will keep you aprised of any updates, and they will notify you that the event is live once it begins on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 8:00 pm (MST).
- During the event, be sure to “Like” and “Share” the event itself, and comment. Those things will greatly improve the experience for us all!
- Please do comment!
- Say hello
- Tell us where you are logging in from
- Ask any question you might have for me, about the book, my future plans, or my previous books, those in the Dickie Floyd series or others, such as my memoir. This is your opportunity to ask anything!
- Do keep in mind that I will not be able to respond to all comments. The questions come faster than I can field them, and I usually have at least two people reading all comments for me and directing my attention to the most interesting questions.
That’s it, my friends! I hope to see you there, and I look forward to hearing your questions and seeing your comments.
* * *
Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you will share it with your family and friends.